Thursday, March 19, 2009

Surprised!

I have been taken a back a few times (22nd b-day surprise party, whew, thanks Scott and Kate), but this threw me for a loop like no other.

Last Wednesday I had just arrived home from an evening pharmacy meeting and had barely walked in the house when we were startled by a knock on the door. Through the window what did I see?... My bearded brother fresh from Ecuador.


Low and behold, Kate, Kjella and the rest of the Stenehjem clan pulled a fast one on me and I could not have been happier. It was a fantastic surprise and one not to be forgotten.

My brother and his wife Sarah have been living and working in Ecuador since October. Check out their amazing photos at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/stenehjem/

Eddie and their dog Jack spent a week with us chillin with Kjella. Actually Eddie's MD services came in handy when I came down with Pink Eye, perfect timing.
Kjella enjoyed having her Tio (uncle) around just as much as we enjoyed having Ed around.

It was hard saying goodbye, but we were grateful for his company and support. Eddie is now on his way to Las Vegas to meet up with some other bearded MD's...by the way their reason for growing BA beards...

Like these guy need to be any more BA....watch out Vegas

Thanks for coming it meant sooooo much to us.

2 comments:

Amy Porthan said...

sooo sweet! hope things continue to be well! any word on where home will be next yr? all my best to the ladies!

Mer said...

Ed looks good in orange! Happy to hear things are going well and would love to see more pictures. Salt Lake is only a short plane ride away :)